Friday, July 11, 2014

Minnesota adventures

Since Nick and I will be returning to Pennsylvania next week for the I'm sure to be fabulous Dunn wedding, I thought I would do a little recap of our Minnesota adventures so far! I have been told that we have seen more of the "touristy" things than people who have lived here their whole lives. I guess being in a new place inspires you to just google what to do and want to see all of the great things! On our first trip to Minnesota in May to find an apartment to live in, we were overwhelmed by the beautiful lakes and friendly people. However, on the way to the airport to go back we HAD to see what all of this Mall of America hype was though. Yes it is just as amazing as you may have thought it is, probably more.


A lunch at the Bubba Gump Shirmp Co. made the trip, it was delicious! Coconut shrimp, tempura shirmp....
We went back to Pennsylvania for just enough time to celebrate our two year anniversary :)  and pack our entire lives to go on the longest road trip of our lives to our new home sweet home in Minnesota!

After trips to the Walker Sculpture Garden featuring the famous Minneapolis spoon, the gorgeous Minnehaha falls, both the Minnesota Zoo and the Como Zoo we were finally feeling like we know the area and that we LOVE it here.

I know this detoured from the journey of my first year teaching but these are the big adventures that have gotten me to where I am today. Everything happens for a reason- this has shaped me into the person I am who is prepared and excited to take on fifth grade! It helps to have this great guy by my side to encourage me and listen to my ramblings of ideas for decorations, rewards, themes....

No comments:

Post a Comment