Sunday, August 9, 2015

My Distraction

A big reason for my slow pace at completing my summer project to- do list and also a big reason for the HAPPINESS in my life is the newest member of our family. Meet Akeley, our bundle of joy!
This is when we first went to the breeders to pick our new baby and he was only 4 weeks old! How could we resist that face!!! 

The day our little family grew! :) 

Literally two days before we moved from Minnesota to Maryland we got a beautiful, sweet, loving 8 week old German Short-haired Pointer puppy. As crazy new parents who thought it would be easy to move across the puppy with a puppy we had a stressful few days but made it to Maryland! Now it is my summer job to house-break and train this adorable, cuddle bug. It was been FABULOUS but also very time consuming.

I am happy to announce that Akeley rings a bell when he has to go to the bathroom so I can catch up on blogging rather than following him around the room! YAY! Parent progress! If you have ever been weary of getting a big dog (like I was forever until 2 months ago), they are just more to love. Akeley is the sweetest, calmest, most cuddly dog I have ever met and I am not just biased! I am a very proud mama who will be sharing many pictures of our adventures with this little guy who has DOUBLED in size size we got him! 13 pounds to 30 and still growing!

Despite the webbed feet, he was NOT a fan of the pool! ha 


Enjoy the rest of your summer with the ones you love! <3
I sure am! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment