Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Getting a little more real...

It has been a week since I accepted my fifth grade teaching position. I have been through a roller coaster of emotions of excited, nervous, not believing it is real, needing to Pinterest for hours, not even knowing where to begin, and most of all being happy. I am so happy. Since I was a little girl all I have wanted was my own classroom, and now I have it. I always imagined my self as a primary teacher because any student older than fourth grade is most likely taller than me.... BUT fifth will be fun! So many possibilities for creative engaging lessons!

So yesterday was a big step in the direction of this actually being real. I had new teacher orientation. First I went to my school to pick up some curriculum material and I SAW MY CLASSROOM. I barely even remember what it looks like because I was so overwhelmed standing in it. Now I have lots of materials so it is time to break out the colorful pens and start planning! Any insight into any of these books?? 


Then it was off to orientation! I sat with the huge smile plastered across my face as I listened to what felt like endless information. By the second, I fell more and more in love with my district and it's great employees. Everyone has been so welcoming and helpful. At the end of orientation we got our teacher technology. I am very fortunate to work in a district where every single child has an IPAD. So I myself got a Macbook Air and an IPAD. Between my boyfriend and I with our new work technology and our personal things, we now have 4 laptops and 2 IPADS... but obviously I am SO excited about these new fancier versions! Time to look for beautiful covers for these, Lilly Pulitzer perhaps? 


Maybe, just maybe this is actually happening! Ahhhh. As weird as this is for me, I think my family back on the east coast are shocked that used to be shy little Becky now lives in Minnesota AND got her first teaching job! I come from a big family of amazing teachers that I have looked up to all my life, especially my mom and I cannot wait to make them proud. 

But where to start- lessons, decorations, reading, organizing?? Oh how great this summer is going to be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment