Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Philly to Minneapolis

Good morning all! Welcome to my blog. :) Here I will be sharing the challenges, laughs, and experiences of a young teacher. In the past month my life has undergone big exciting changes. My boyfriend and I moved to Minnesota from right outside Philadelphia because he got an amazing job starting right after his graduation. I have spent the past year as a substitute teacher while he was finishing his tough fifth year. After months of waiting we finally live together in our beautiful apartment and are loving every second of it! We have been together for over two amazing years after falling in love at our favorite place in the world- Penn State University. I was one of those lucky girls to fall in love with my best friend and other half- even if all of our friends could see it before we did. I could not imagine a more perfect boy who makes me happier than I could ever imagine and starting our life together is a dream come true!

In our first month of living in Minnesota, we have explored many new places, met lots of different people, and learned about a different lifestyle that we are quickly adapting to! I have been spending my days as a nanny for three lovely children while obsessively applying for teaching jobs. Finally, one day I got a call for an interview. A few days later after extensive practicing and freaking out, I drove north to an area I had never even been to before and had my first real teacher interview! Waiting, waiting, waiting... was the worst part!! Finally, I got an e mail saying the position was filled. I was crushed! Minutes later, I got a call from the principal offering me the job!!!! Apparently I was not supposed to receive that email- horrible mistake. I ACCEPTED! It was my first step to being a fifth grade teacher. Let the color coding and planning begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment